Support In Residence
Wondering what supports are in place to ensure that you feel healthy, safe, and secure while you’re living in residence? Here’s a quick snapshot.
Worries and concerns
Wish you had a built-in friend to help when the going gets tough? You do! That person is your Residence Life Don—and they know how to handle everything from clogged sinks to unruly visitors to lost room keys. Residence Life Dons live in each community and are highly trained to support students and connect you to resources on campus. They also run events and help to establish students’ sense of community in residence. Residence Life Dons are on duty after hours to provide support each evening.
Mental health support
Feeling anxious or depressed? Not quite sure where to turn for help? You have a number of options while you’re living in residence. You can either speak to your Residence Life Don, reach out to another member of our staff (such as the Residence Life Coordinator), call one of the 24-hour crisis support hotlines listed below, or tap into other mental health supports in the local community.
Contact the Don Support Phone:
- Champlain College: 705-931-2307
- Champlain College Annex: 705-931-1683
- Lady Eaton College: 705-931-0378
- Lady Eaton College Annex: 705-760-4316
- Catharine Parr Traill College: 705-872-7395
- Peter Gzowski College: 705-931-0831
- Peter Gzowski College Annex: 705-875-0469
- Otonabee College: 705-931-1439
- Otonabee College Annex: 705-927-7091
- Durham Residence: 289-385-6540
Additional supports in the community:
- 4Four Country Crisis (Community Mental Health Crisis Response Program): 705-745-6484 or 1-866-995-9933
- Telecare Distress Centre of Peterborough: 705-745-2273
- Good2Talk: 1-866-925-5454
- Durham GTA Student Support Services
Trent is committed to ensuring that students with disabilities, dietary restrictions, and unique needs are able to fully benefit from and participate in post-secondary life—and that includes living in residence. If there are specific supports and accommodations that would assist you during your time in residence, please let us know by submitting a Residence Accommodation Request Form.