Opportunities at Trent
Trent prides itself in offering its students a wide range of opportunities. As Bachelor of Arts and Sciences students, you are among tomorrow's forward-thinking leaders. Whether you are interested in work, volunteer, research, or extra-curricular activities, at home or abroad, we want to work with you to make it happen.
Below are just a few of the opportunities available at Trent. Check back often to see what we have to offer!
Travel the World
Did you know that Trent has connections with over 50 universities in 35 countries around the world? Check out the Trent Study Abroad Program.
In addition to formal study options, there are summer programs, international volunteer opportunities, and internships available. You can even create your own personalized study option -- perfect for BAS students! -- and get it approved with a letter of permission!
Get Involved in Your Program
Many academic departments at Trent are associated with student clubs. You have the unique opportunity to found and shape a BAS student organization. Or, gain valuable experience, expand your network, and be a part of positive changes that affect you and your peers by volunteering in a variety of ways.
- Co-found and participate in a new BAS student-run group
- Take over the department's social media initiatives
- Be a student representative for your peers in your program at important department meetings, getting to know your faculty even better in the process
- Create your own opportunity. Submit a proposal!
Speak Up: On Campus and in the Community
Have something to say? Why not check out:
- Absynthe, a monthly magazine produced by Trent students
- Arthur, Trent and Peterborough's Independent Press
- Trent Radio
- Trent Central Student Association -- get involved in student government!
- One of the many other clubs and groups here at Trent that speak out, help charities, improve the quality of life in Peterborough, at Trent, and around the world... or just have fun!