SAS Faculty Portal
The SAS Faculty Portal provides a convenient ‘one stop shop’ for accommodated-related information for students registered with SAS.
The SAS Faculty Portal can be used to:
- Access a list of students, and their accommodations for courses you are instructing.
- Access a list of 'who is booked to write' & with what accommodations at the Exam Centre for a specific test or exam.
- Securely upload accessible, electronic copies of your exam for alternate format needs.
- Important: Please upload Microsoft Word documents whenever possible for conversion, enlargement or reproduction.
- Provide specific & detailed invigilation instructions to Exam Centre staff around any of the ‘need-to-know' information using an electronic copy of the drop-off checklist in the upload process.
- Designate alternate pickups of tests and exams.
Drop-off & Pick-up Instructions (December & April Exam periods):
Exam Centre reception area for drop-off / pick-up of exams during the formal exam periods is OC 207. Please do not go into OC 211 as there are exams in progress!
Please drop-off a corresponding number of physical copies of tests & exams for students booked to write at least 48 hours in advance. Whenever possible, for a volume & congestion management purposes, please avoid drop-off/pickup of exams during 'peak busyness' exam start times of 8AM, 11AM, 2PM & 7PM.
Written exams are available for pick-up once collected & packaged from all writing spaces 24 hours (next day) after the scheduled date of the exam. Same day pick-up of exams is not possible.
Exam Confidentiality Agreement
Students who write their exam on a different day or at a different time than the rest of their scheduled class may, at the request of their instructor, complete a Confidentiality Agreement Form. By signing this form, the student agrees to not discuss the content of any test/exam with anyone. Further, that the student will not record, copy, or disclose any exam question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means (orally; in writing; in any electronic device, via social media, or email; or otherwise). Nor will the student attempt to obtain information from other students, regarding the structure or content of the test/exam.
Exam Time Shifting Accommodation Information
Students with disabilities can be approved by SAS for various exam accommodations, including time-shifting of scheduled exams. Due to the nature of the disability, some students can only write one exam per day or write during a specific time of day. (i.e. medication regimen)
A student with an accommodation for no more than one test/exam per day may request that the Professor move one of their test/exams.
To expedite the accommodation process, the Centre for Academic Testing has implemented a procedure whereby we ask the student to request to move the second of the two tests/exams to the following day. The Professor will be notified via email of this change. Similar procedures for time-shifting may occur for time of day shifts (i.e. fatigue related disability, medical conditions)
Accommodated Time Factor Conversion Chart