Lost and Found
Campus Security is also responsible for looking after the University's Lost and Found service. Throughout the year numerous items including clothing, jewellery, textbooks, notes, identification, glasses, keys, etc., are turned into the office. All items are kept by Campus Security in a secure location for a period of 90 days and then disposed of according to policy. We tag all items and enter them into our database. If your name, student number, or telephone number is anywhere on the item we will do our best to get in touch with you by phone or email.
In the event you report a lost item to us and we do not have it, we will record your information and advise you via your Trent e-mail address if the item is found. Items often take time before they are delivered to the security office as there are several unofficial collection points (Library, College Offices).
To Make A Lost Report
Contact Campus Security:
In person: Peterborough Security Office - Blackburn Hall Suite 103
Durham Security Office - Front Lobby
Phone: Peterborough 705-748-1328
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peterborough)
Retrace your steps: Visit classes/rooms that you have been in
Talk to professors/TA’s/ staff who may have seen the item
Please bring the item to the Security Office.
Tips for helping Campus Security reunite you with your lost item
- Write your name on your books, notebooks, binders, everything that you can. It helps us contact you.
- Check your Trent email frequently; this is the email we will use to contact you.
- Respond to emails sent to you by us promptly so that we can arrange a pick up. If you cannot pick up your item within the allotted time we can make alternate accommodations for you.
- Keep the serial number of all valuables in a secure location in case you need to claim it.
- Provide as much information as you can when reporting your lost item.
Trent University's Lost and Found Procedure
If you lose your Trent University keys you are required to submit a Report of Missing (Lost/Stolen) Trent University Keys/Access Card to the Campus Security Office. If you have any questions regarding lost or stolen keys please contact email@example.com