Civil Disorder / Riots
Campus Security will contact Police and take the first actions to deal with civil disorder and riots.
Trent faculty, staff and students are advised to:
- Contact Campus Security at 705-748-1333 (Peterborough) or 905-435-5111 (Oshawa), (or have someone else do it) if confronted by unruly people.
- Stay calm. Physical confrontations should be avoided, except in self-defence.
- Calm and reasonable reactions can often buy time for Campus Security to take appropriate action.
- If the situation gets worse and you feel in physical danger, move to an area where you can lock the door.
- Remain there until it is safe to leave.