Emergency Management Plans
In order to respond effectively to, and recover from, an emergency situation, Trent University has developed an Emergency Management system comprised of the following components:
- An Emergency Planning Committee (EPC) responsible to produce and update emergency and business continuity plans, and to conduct annual emergency exercises.
- An Emergency Operations Control Group (EOCG) consisting of senior administrators responsible to provide support to emergency responders.
- A Business Recovery Team (BRT) again consisting of senior administrators responsible to coordinate Trent’s operational recovery from an emergency.
- Emergency Operations Centres (EOCs) that are equipped for EOCG use and are activated during an emergency.
- The Emergency Management Plan is the umbrella planning document for all emergency response and recovery operations. Its goal is to maintain Trent’s academic mission and restore normal activities as quickly as possible. All Emergency plans are available to EPC and EOCG members and alternates.
- The Emergency Communications Plan provides guidance on emergency notifications, responding to the media and keeping the Trent community informed as the emergency and recovery operations progress.
- The Pandemic Plan provides guidance on pandemic preparedness and response. Pandemic planning checklist for both academic and administrative units may be found here: Academic or Administrative
- Departmental Business Continuity Plans provide departmental contact information and mitigation measures to assist in recovery from an emergency. For certain departments, they should also address response and recovery responsibilities listed in the Emergency Management Plan.The business continuity planning tool and instructions may be found here: Instructions and Form
- Emergency Closure Plan
- Fire Safety Plans for each Trent University building, which can be found on the Health and Safety portal.