Wondering what you can do to help your student to be successful at Trent? Here are five practical yet powerful things you can do.
- ATTEND Summer Orientation. It’s your chance to tour the campus with your student and learn about everything Trent has to offer. You can even attend a special session for parents and supporters on how to ease the transition to university for your student and yourself! Due to COVID this event has been moved online, please see the Summer Orientation website for more details.
- ENCOURAGE your student to sign up for Bring It On! — Trent’s end-of-summer weekend get-together for incoming students. It’s a great chance to try new things and make new friends in a warm and welcoming setting. Due to COVID this event will not be happening, we recommend looking at the alternative Summer Orientation programming, visit the Orientation website for more information.
- TREAT university as a journey of self-discovery. Inspire your student to take full advantage of the opportunities to learn and grow in the classroom and beyond.
- REMIND your student that there are road-bumps on every journey, but reassure them that they don’t have to handle everything on their own. They can tap into a wide range of supports on campus. And you’ll still be just a phone call or a text message away.
- CONNECT to Trent by signing for our Parents and Supporters Newsletter. We’ll keep you informed about campus events, important dates, and other need-to-know information.