Gender is everywhere, influencing human behaviour and interactions, as well as social institutions. In this program you will explore a broad range of feminist perspectives on health, history, popular culture, law, the environment, social policy, and globalization. Develop an interdisciplinary understanding of gender relations as they interact with sexuality, race, class, age, and ability in local and global contexts. Study with leading scholars and innovative teachers, and engage with research and ideas that make social change. Study your passion while learning skills transferrable to everyday life and a full range of careers.
Why Gender & Social Justice at Trent?
- Learn from some of the foremost scholars in the country who are also inspiring teachers and active participants in research, education, and advocacy on a range of critical social issues
- Select courses from a range of exciting offerings and disciplines that develop general and specialized knowledge
- Enhance your skills and gain hands-on experience through community-based education opportunities
- Gender and Popular Culture
- Criminalizing Women
- Contemporary Feminisms
- Gender, Sexualities and the Law
- Queer Feminisms
- The Revolution Will be Recorded: Popular Culture, Gender, and Social Movements
- Doing Feminist Research: Making Social Change
- Social Worker
- Policy Advisor
- Community Development Worker
- Healthcare Professional
- Equity Advisor
- Human Rights Advocate
- Program Manager
What Can I Do With a Gender & Social Justice Degree?
The short answer is anything!
We prepare you with superior skills in writing, research, analysis, and communication, along with an understanding of many social issues.
These are practical transferable skills that are highly valued by today’s employers. In light of society’s growing awareness about gender and equity, career opportunities for our graduates are excellent.