Your Path to Law School Starts at Trent
Considering a career in law?
Your future in law starts at Trent. Regardless of which B.A. or B.Sc. program you choose, Trent is known for exceptionally preparing our students with the foundational knowledge and skill set needed to be successful in your LSAT examinations and law school applications.
1) Direct Entry to Law School: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree
The new Law & Arts/Law & Business: Trent/Swansea Dual Degree is a unique program that allows you to complete your B.A. and your LL.B in just six years. If a career in law is what you want, this is the program for you. Not only will you graduate with two degrees in just six years, you'll also have the opportunity to take your education global while you learn, travel, explore and live abroad studying law at the renowned Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law in the U.K. Did we mention that with this program, there's also no need to take the LSATs? With 14 degree options at Trent to choose from, this program allows you to create your unique law educational experience. Learn more about this unique dual degree program.
2) Enhance Your Degree: Add an Option or Specialization
Set on going to law school in Canada? Trent prepares you for success, giving you the opportunity to specialize your honours degree in the field of law.
Option in Legal Studies
Compliment virtually any B.A or B.Sc. degree with this "mini-minor", an Option in Legal Studies, designed to give you a basic understanding of the legal system in Canada and Canadian Law. The option consists of 4.5 credits across Forensics, Philosophy, Politics, Environmental Studies, Sociology, Indigenous Studies, and more. To ensure you meet the prerequisites for each course, be sure to plan you course selection carefully.
For honours Sociology students, Trent offers a specialization in Criminology & Sociolegal Studies. Specializations give you the freedom to develop a deeper understand of a top related to your degree major. Adding a specialization like this one to your degree shows future employers (and professional law schools) that you're focused and interested in becoming an expert in the field of law.
Interested in Law & Science? You'll want to explore Trent's new Law & Policing specialization, available to all Forensic Science majors.
The Trent Advantage
- Gain the critical thinking, reading and writing skills necessary to prepare for the LSAT examination
- Enjoy the opportunity to study your passion, giving you breadth and knowledge on a subject area of your choice, and combine it with your interest in law
- Experience small classes sizes and a personalized learning environment with faculty who know you on an individual basis, will support you and care about your success
Your Next Steps
- Browse Trent’s complete listing of undergraduate programs.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1-888-739-8885 if you have any questions.
- Apply to Trent as soon as possible to improve your chances of being accepted to the program of your choice.
- Book a campus tour, and come see for yourself why Trent is the #1 undergraduate university in Ontario.