Environmental Monitoring and Assessment M.EMA. or G.Dip.
Gain a foundational understanding of the principles, technical aspects and human dimensions of environmental monitoring and assessment.
Choose from a masters degree or a graduate diploma.
As part of these online professional programs, gain professional skills and practical experience. This combination is attractive to organizations that require deeper understanding of specialized monitoring and assessment issues, including all levels of government, conservation authorities, non-profit organizations and environmental consulting companies.
Masters degree: Complete the first professional masters degree in environmental sciences at Trent and be poised for success in the competitive environmental employment sector. As part of this full-time 12-month professional degree, you will complete eight online courses as well as a four-month placement experience. This placement will take place with environmental sector partners and be followed by a mandatory week-long face-to-face capstone session.
Graduate diploma: In this eight-month professional course-based graduate diploma, you will complete six online courses. The program can be completely online, though some elective courses may be available in face-to-face format at the Symons Campus in Peterborough.
- M.EMA or Graduate Diploma (G. Dip in EMA)
- Full- or part-time studies
- Course-based program, with placement in M.EMA only
- M.EMA is 12 months, Graduate Diploma is 8 months to complete
- To be considered for admission, applicants will normally have completed a B.Sc. honours degree (or equivalent) from a recognized university
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
Prospective students are advised that offers of admission to a new program may be made only after the university’s own quality assurance processes have been completed and the Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance has approved the program.
Pending Ministry Approval – Start date Sept. 2018