"You’re not a number here at all, and that’s probably the best thing about Trent. If you come here wanting to succeed you will succeed, there’s no doubt about that. All the tools are there, the people are great, the faculty here are great. I can’t imagine going to a better school; especially as an undergraduate."
Experience philosophy through a variety of events including the annual Ryle Lecture series, and become part of a vibrant philosophical community by joining Trent’s oldest undergraduate club, the Philosophical Society.
The study of Philosophy can shed light on some of the most fundamental and important questions we ask as individuals and as a species. At Trent, you’ll explore your place in the world, the nature of reality, the meaning of human existence, and the limits of knowledge. By developing your own philosophical position, you’ll also cultivate your ability to reason logically, question commonly-held assumptions, and ultimately develop a worldview that does justice to the complexity of life.
- B.A. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Put your work on display at the Trent Philosophy Society’s annual student symposium
- Enjoy generous awards and scholarships available exclusively to Philosophy majors
- Interact with our strong network of Philosophy alumni that stop in from time to time, including Yann Martel, best-selling author of Life of Pi (now an Oscar winning film)
- Critical Thinking
- Love and Desire
- Philosophy of Law
- Moral Issues
- Philosophy of Emotion
- Biomedical Ethics
- Public Administrator
- Human Resources Executive
- Human Rights Officer
- Public Relations Professional
- Equity Advisor
- Ethics Consultant