How to Apply
Applying to university is an exciting time for you. With so much to explore and learn, it can also feel like a complicated time. Below you will find information and pathways as you navigate your university application to Trent.
Check your Admission Requirements
All students are required to have the following for admission to all programs:
- High School diploma
- Proof of English proficiency (or conditional admission through Trent-ESL)
- Minimum grades as outlined in country-specific admissions requirements
- Program-specific requirements
Check your program requirements
In addition to the requirements noted above, each academic program has specific required and/or recommended courses. Check these carefully to make sure that you are prepared for a successful start.
For programs with additional requirements see this chart on the International Requirements page.
*Limited enrolment programs require higher entering average and admission is competitive.
You are encouraged to apply to Trent as early as possible as some programs have limited enrolment. There are two ways to apply to Trent:
Apply directly to Trent (if Trent is the only university in Ontario you are applying to):
- Create an account and apply directly to Trent
- The email address used to create your account will be the email that we use to communicate with you throughout the year.
- Submit application fee ($90 for high school students; $140 for transfer students)
Apply through the OUAC (if you are applying to several universities in Ontario):
- Ontario secondary students will use the OUAC 101 application form
- If you are not currently registered as a student in an Ontario secondary school, please apply using the OUAC 105F application.
The OUAC website has many helpful resources such as Frequently Asked Questions, Video Tutorials and step-by-step guides.
Personal Identification Number (P.I.N.)
If you are currently enrolled in an Ontario secondary school, guidance counsellors will provide you with a P.I.N. (personal identification number) to access the OUAC site and application process.
All other applicants will create user profiles on the OUAC site, which will then automatically assign a P.I.N
Email "Safe Sender" List
Once you apply, you will begin to receive emails from the Trent International Program and the International Admissions Office outlining next steps and other important information to the email identified in your application.
Please ensure you add "@trentu.ca" to your 'Safe Senders' list in your email.
You may want to check your Junk Mail if you feel you have missed a communication from Trent.
Review Your Next Steps
Congratulations! You've made a great choice applying to Trent. Check the "Already Applied" page for your next steps.