Why So Many Students Choose Academic English at Trent
Trent-ESL students are part of the overall Trent University experience and all of our students become part of the full university community. Our friendly campus community and welcoming downtown make it easy to practice English everywhere you go. We offer:
- Focused curriculum: Academic English for academic success as you begin your degree studies
- Conditional admission: Study ESL and begin your degree courses at the same time
- Maximum efficiency: complete ESL in the minimum time in this intensive program
- Outstanding teaching: qualified, professional, and caring instructors
- No TOEFL or IELTS scores required for admission to Trent-ESL
Academic Advantages at Trent-ESL
- Complete ESL and jump start your degree program in 2 to 4 terms (5 months to one year!)
- Five levels of ESL study from beginner to University Foundations
- Academic English language focus on writing, reading, listening, speaking, pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary development
- Academic skills development in research, documentation, critical analysis, presentation skills, and seminar success
- Trent-ESL graduation certificate on completion of the program
- Trent-ESL is a Languages Canada accredited program that assures the highest quality of English language education
Learning Outside the Classroom
Trent-ESL student life is rich with activities. Life on campus is filled with limitless opportunities for socializing and having fun while learning about Canada, culture and practicing English. As health and safety protocols allow, we offer events and activities on campus ranging from outdoor adventures to movie nights, and off campus trips to local attractions and popular destinations. Our student activity coordinators organize all sorts of fun events to help improve English and to get to know other students.
Global ESL Students Share Their Experiences
For years, Trent University's ESL program has graduated numerous ESL students from around the world. Here are some exciting insights shared by them:
"ESL program provides you with what you will expect in the academic journey."
Aya Ali, from Lebanon (in English and Arabic)
"I started from basically very beginning, and I can see how much I improved."
Valery Kornel, from Panama (in English and Spanish)
"ESL program has built a solid background for my undergraduate study."
Yifan Wu, from China (Speaking in Chinese)