Discover Peterborough Bingo
Trent University students will get a taste of all that Peterborough has to offer through Discover Peterborough Bingo, a fun scavenger hunt hosted by the University, Peterborough Downtown Business Improvement Area (DBIA), and Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism (PKT).
Between September 7 and October 22, students studying at Trent’s Campus in Peterborough are encouraged to visit various locations around downtown Peterborough to complete a range of fun activities in an effort to complete two rows on their bingo card. Once two rows are completed, students will be entered in a draw to win one of ten prize packs, which include a $200 Downtown Boro gift card as well as prizes from Trent University, PKT and local businesses.
Be sure to share your favourite spots in Peterborough on social using #TrentPtboBingo
Grab some friends, your bingo card and go explore your new home away from home.
How To Play
- Pick up a bingo card at one of the following participating locations: Residence Service Centres (LEC 211and GCS 212), Trent Central Student Association, Trent International and college offices
- Fill out your contact details on the front of the card
- Visit participating locations and complete the listed task to receive a location-specific bingo sticker from September 7-October 22
- A minimum of two lines (10 squares) vertical, horizontal or diagonal must be completed to be entered to win a prize
- When the bingo card is completed, please submit to a participating drop-off location on campus. Locations are as follows: Residence Service Centres (LEC 211and GCS 212), Trent Central Student Association, Trent International and college offices
- Each completed bingo card submitted by October 22, 2021 will be checked, and then entered to win one of 10 prize packs. Winners will be notified on November 1, 2021 by phone and/or email.
- Rawscoe's Sport Collectibles is locally owned & operated. They offer authentic autographed memorabilia, jerseys, collectible sport, Pokémon & other TCG trading cards, Peterborough Petes gear, events & much more.
1/2 Charlotte St #182, Peterborough, ON K9J 2T8
- Watson & Lou is a favourite downtown gift shop for everything local, handmade, beautiful, and weird. 10% off for students.
383 Water St, Peterborough, ON K9H 3L7
- El Camino’s is located right downtown at George and Charlotte Street, they offer Tex- Mex Cuisine. Food choices range from Nachos, Cheesy Quesadillas, Tacos, Burritos, Rice bowls and they are open late until 3am every morning. They deliver to residences and accept Trent Cash as a form of payment.
360 George St N #56, Peterborough, ON K9H 7E7
- Pammett’s Flowers is a one-of-a-kind boutique flower and plant shop located in beautiful downtown Peterborough. Their stunning bouquets are each made to order by our creative and experienced design team. They also offer a wide range of tropical plants, succulents and more!
208 Charlotte St, Peterborough, ON K9J 2T8
- Silver Bean Café is a community waterfront café located in Millennium Park. Since 2003, they have offered an experience of food and coffee near the Otonabee River. They serve light lunches with specialty sandwiches and hearty salads; breakfast made fresh to order, including daily scones; desserts made in-house and imported from other bakeries; a large selection of Kawartha Dairy ice cream; and all locally roasted coffee and beautifully prepared espresso drinks.
130 King St, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R9
- Hanoi House is a Vietnamese restaurant with two locations in Peterborough - one is downtown on Hunter Street West and the other is on Lansdowne Street West. Both locations offer the same simple but delicious menu but they each have their own unique features. The downtown location offers fresh shucked oysters while the Lansdowne location offers a few more additional items. There are also several vegetarian and vegan options.
213 Hunter St W, Peterborough, ON K9H 2L1
- Black Horse Pub is located in the historic Morrow Building in downtown Peterborough. They host local live music and touring performers of all genres nightly. Their menu is classic pub fare with many different beverages!
452 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R7
- The Boardwalk Board Game Lounge is Peterborough's place for play. They have a library of over 500 board games, a team ready to teach you the rules to play something new, a unique lineup of local craft beverages, a full kitchen churning our fresh baked cookies and more on demand, and a game shop stocked with old favourites and the newest hottest board games.
261 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9A 3G9
- Couture Candy is a small candy shop with a big passion for spreading kindness and sweet treats through the community. Be sure to check out their candy boxes, candy-grams, and large selection of retro candy and ice cream.
386 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R3
- Grady’s Feet Essentials is a Blundstone and Birkenstock Headquarters - Best selection in Peterborough! Located at the corner of King and Aylmer.
231 King Street, Peterborough, ON K9J 2R8
- Lift Lock Escape is located right in the heart of downtown on George Street North. This entertainment hub has everything from escape rooms, virtual reality gaming and a board game café all in one location! Whether you are looking to try something new or just want a fun night out on the town this is the destination for you! 10% discount off for all students. Must show valid student ID.
351A George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3P9
- Pappas Billiards is a local family-owned business located on George Street North. A perfect hangout spot with friends where you can grab a bite to eat or a drink and play a game of pool. They also offer 10% off games of pool for students.
407 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R4
- Avant-Garden Shop is a one-stop shop for functional and decorative items to enhance your outdoor living and gift giving experience. Whether it’s a gift for a friend or a distinctive item for your home, you will find something unusual and interesting at The Avant-Garden Shop.
165 Sherbrooke St, Peterborough, ON K9J 2N2
- K & C Costumes is a family-owned costume shop with an extensive collection of balloons, morphsuits, costumes, clothing, wigs, pop culture accessories and more. They are open year round for all your costume needs.
183 Simcoe St, Peterborough, ON K9H 2H5
- Flavour Fashion is your stop to get all sorts of modern-day street wear as well as designer labels influenced by music, art, fashion, film, pop culture and action sport. Flavour is also the only place to get the PTBO clothing line, which is a great way to show your love for this wonderful city!
383 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R2
- The Food Shop opened June 2019 focusing on local food and fresh groceries. They carry many local products either from farms or producers. In August 2019 they added Belly of the Beast Kombucha, which made using local ingredients.
372 Water St, Peterborough, ON K9H 3L6
- Hi Ho Silver specializes in jewellery, gifts and all things fun, and beautiful! Their goal is to empower others by creating a positive environment for people to shop and leave feeling comfortable in their own skin and ready to take on the day.
392 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R3
- Cork and Bean prides themselves on providing top quality drinks, fresh baked pastries, soup, sandwiches and tasty Charcuterie. Sunny days guarantee that their patio will be full of guests enjoying a drink or treat. On not-so-sunny days, they also offer comfortable seating inside their cafe with free wifi and plenty of outlets! So, whether you're stopping for a morning coffee, eats or a casual drink, they’ve got you covered!
382 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R3
- Black Honey Bakery is in the scenic Hunter Street Café District of downtown Peterborough. Visit for their cozy atmosphere and friendly staff, and stay for their delicious drinks, desserts, or hot meal breakfast or lunch. Be sure to bring your Trent card, as they accept it as cash and provide a 15% discount for all students.
217 Hunter St W, Peterborough, ON K9H 2L1
- Whistle Stop Café has over 100 unique and delicious poutines, everything from savoury to dessert. The best part about Whistle Stop is they are partnered with Trent University to use money off of student cards to purchase food! It is a staple to visit in downtown Peterborough and the food is insanely good too! 15% off for all students.
- Unicorn Salon is an inclusive, modern, full-service salon and is LGBTQ+ friendly! They offer services from a basic haircut, to colouring or even hair treatments. They also offer waxing services and aim to make your visit as positive and welcoming as possible!
412 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R5
- B!KE: The Peterborough Community Bike Shop is an incorporated not-for-profit, member-based cycling education and support organization. They’ve been working with the Peterborough community since 2006 teaching bike maintenance, repair, and riding skills. Riding a bike is a great way to explore Peterborough and B!KE will gladly help you with all your cycling related needs!
293 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9J 3H3
- Brother’s Pizza specializes in handmade pizza with delicious crust and toppings. They offer a range of food including pizza, burgers, lasagna, poutine and more! They are always open late and have an extremely friendly staff, so whether you’re searching for a late night bite or just a fantastic meal, Brother’s Pizza is the place to be!
402 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R5
- Curry Village is the place where great cooking and fantastic vibes meet. Our food is nutritious, delicious, and affordable, and we welcome diners young and old. If you want to try some new food this Indian cuisine is a great place to stop in and the staff is so welcoming! Try it yourself—book your table or stop by today!
306 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9J 3H2
- Sustain is a zero/low waste eco-store focused on making a healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle accessible to everyone. Some of what Sustain offers are refillable products that range from cleaning products all the way to body care and zero-waste alternatives for products we use everyday. More than just a store, Sustain is a community, a solution and an action.
418 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R5
- The Only Café is a bar and restaurant located in the heart of downtown Peterborough, offering a variety of breakfast foods, sandwiches, salads, and late night snacks. The Only Café offers a selection of local craft beers, domestic classics, and delicious imports, which can be enjoyed seven days a week on our beautiful patio.
216 Hunter St W, Peterborough, ON K9H 2L1
- Dodrio Bubble Tea, Anime Café & Game Lounge are a locally owned bubble tea shop & anime cafe located in the heart of downtown Peterborough, just before Hunter st on George. They sell snacks, and treats from all over Asia. Including candy, hot sauces, ramen & salty snacks. In addition they carry cool anime collectables, accessories & apparel. They're also hoping to reopen our games/ video game lounges soon as well.
404 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9H 3R5
- Green Street is a great location if you’re looking to change to an eco-friendly lifestyle! They offer services ranging from eco-friendly transportation to yoga and as well as more holistic and sustainable wellness products! One of the best parts about shopping with Green Street is they have partnered with One Tree Planted and you can add an additional $1.25 to your order and plant a tree!
237 George St N, Peterborough, ON K9J 3G7
- Union Studio is a great location to see to all your beauty needs! They offer everything from hair services, to nails and even facial aesthetics such as eyelash extensions and waxing. Their goal is to make your experience as positive as possible by creating a strong bond between you and your stylist. They also aim to be as sustainable as possible and even offer sustainable products to purchase!
391 Water St, Peterborough, ON K9H 3L7
- Peterborough & the Kawarthas Tourism -Visitor Centre is the perfect destination for all your tourism needs around Peterborough and the Kawarthas! They offer a wide selection of free information, ranging from travel guides, brochures, postcards, road maps and trail guides. They also have trained travel counsellors to assist you while you are living here in Peterborough. Their goal is to make sure you have an excellent experience while staying here!
270 George St N Suite 101, Peterborough, ON K9J 3H1
Located in VentureNorth