Explore the Boro
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. The Explore the Boro contest begins on September 2, 2023 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 21, 2023 at 11:59 PM.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a Trent University Peterborough student, open to domestic and international students living in Ontario, Canada (excluding Quebec) and be age of majority in the province or territory in which he/she resides. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives or agents (and those with whom such persons are living, whether related or not) of Trent University (the “Contest Sponsor”), its parent organization, subsidiaries, affiliates, prize suppliers, advertising/promotion agencies and any entity involved in the development, production, administration, or fulfilment of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) are ineligible to enter or win. Subject to the age limitation provided above, if an entrant is a minor in his/her province/territory of residence (each, a “Minor”), then his/her parent or legal guardian must agree (on his/her own behalf and on behalf of such Minor) to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Rules.
NOTE TO MINORS: The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, on a random audit basis or at any time and for any reason, to contact a Minor’s parent/legal guardian for the purposes of verifying his/her: (i) agreement to be legally bound by these Rules on the Minor’s behalf; (ii) consent to the Minor’s participation in this Contest; and/or (iii) consent to the collection of the Minor’s personal information. Failure of a Minor’s parent/legal guardian to complete any such required verification to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, result in disqualification of the Minor.
3. To enter the Contest, download the Goosechase App and join the Explore the Boro game to complete missions. Fully complete missions with all required information, which may include a requirement to: (i) Visit Trent University and downtown Peterborough locations. Complete the activity in the app to receive points attributed to the mission; and (ii) signify your agreement (and, if you are a Minor, your parent or legal guardian’s agreement) that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”). To be eligible, your Entry must be submitted in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
4. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person. If it is discovered by the Contest Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Contest Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Entry; and/or (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any or other information to enter or otherwise participate in or to disrupt this Contest; then he/she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Your Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor) the missions are not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period. The Released Parties (defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or illegible Entries (all of which are void). All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry or other information entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason the Contest Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
5. All participants in this contest must submit photos that are entirely their own original work. By entering the contest, participants affirm that the submitted photos are their exclusive creation and do not infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party.
6. Prizes - There are three (3) Prizes, consisting of Downtown Boro gift cards, gift cards or items from local businesses, and swag from both Trent University and the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development. The approximate retail value of Prize (one of three) is $600- $1400
7. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
8. On September 21, 2023 at a 12:00 PM ET, the highest scoring participants from all eligible Entries received during the contest period, who are validated as current Trent University students will be awarded the Prizes a random draw for the Prize[s] will take place in Peterborough, ON from among all eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. If there is a tie, a random draw will be held between the tied participants. The odds of winning append on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Contest Sponsor, acting reasonably, will attempt to contact each potential Prize winner to notify him/her by telephone or email that he or she may have won (as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that at such a time, he or she will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared a winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by the Contest Sponsor. Before being awarded a Prize, each potential winner and, in the case of a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian, will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Contest Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Rules, grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Contest and/or the Contest Sponsor, authorizes the Contest Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use his/her name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, voice and other likeness, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Contest Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Contest documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
9. By entering this Contest each entrant (and, if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of Entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
10. All Entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of Entries and/or entrants. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE CONTEST SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASON IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE CONTEST SPONSOR AT ANY TIME. The Released Parties will not be liable for: (i) any malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to Ballots or Contest Ballot boxes; (iii) the failure of any Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever; (iv) any injury or damage to an entrant related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the Entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry in question. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this Contest (or to amend these Rules) in any way, in the event of any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules, including, without limitation, any error, technical problem, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failure. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest in any way (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made; the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, amend or suspend this Contest, or to amend these Rules, in any way without prior notice or obligation, in the event of any accident, printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, or for any other reason whatsoever. Without limiting the generality of the forgoing, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to administer an alternate test of skill as it deems appropriate based on the circumstances and/or to comply with applicable law. The Sponsor reserves the right to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other Contest mechanics stipulated in these Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or Entry with these Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Rules, or for any other reason.
12. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, including but not limited to the Goosechase app, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
13. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.