At Trent University, we take great pride in our vibrant and diverse community. Numerous networks and initiatives actively contribute to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all our students and staff.
Championing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Trent's Centre for Human Rights, Equity, and Accessibility (CHREA) is at the forefront of our mission to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our dedicated team, led by Dr. Jualla van Oudenhoven, the director of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, actively works with students, student EDI coordinators, and faculty representatives from across our campuses to embed equity principles in Trent's organizational culture.
Our goal is to create a more inclusive and socially just environment within and beyond the University. Together, we're building a stronger and more equitable Trent community where everyone can thrive.
Dr. Rona Jualla van Oudenhoven
"The measure of any institution, person, or entity is visible in how we treat our most marginalized groups."
The inaugural Director of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Trent University, Dr. Jualla van Oudenhoven is a passionate inclusive leader with extensive experience in Canadian and global contexts. She strongly commits to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion across Trent's campuses. A sociologist, researcher, and a Canadian Certified Inclusion Practitioner [CCIP], Rona is dedicated to creating inclusive and safe spaces for all.
Members of CHREA include the following:
- Ann Kuruvilla (Lady Eaton College), Student EDI Coordinator (EDI Creative Support)
- Emmet Graham (Champlain College), Student EDI Coordinator (EDI Program Coordinator)
- Heidi Sang (Champlain College), Student EDI Coordinator (EDI Student Relations)
- Mosami Vikasbhai Patel (Catharine Parr Traill College), Student EDI Coordinator (EDI Media/Content Management)
- Shefali Vinodkumar Patil (Otonabee College), Student EDI Coordinator (EDI Student Relations)
- Utkarsh Garg (Catharine Parr Traill College), EDI Events and Office Management (EDI Events and Office Management)