Vision and Mission
- We create vibrant, engaged and sustainable communities of learning, teaching and research committed to free enquiry and expression. We encourage the dynamic interplay of research, teaching and learning, which enhance and energize each other in the classroom and beyond.
- We strive to make valued and socially responsible contributions to our local communities, to Canada, and to the world.
- We support a diversity of faculty, staff and students who share a commitment to the learning experience and are responsive to its challenges.
- We foster an environment where Indigenous knowledge are respected and recognized as a valid means by which to understand the world.
- We offer an enriched learning environment that encourages a passion for all knowledge, the exploration of the creative links between fields of study and a critical engagement with the world.
- We create opportunities for students, staff and faculty to flourish and develop as individuals and as global citizens.
- We affirm our commitment to excellence, to innovation and to leadership in research, academic programmes and community partnerships.
- We commit to building an inclusive intellectual and social community that values the collaboration of all of its individual members
- Prepare students to make significant contributions to an increasingly complex world by providing them with a distinctive liberal arts, science or professionally focused education, which is enhanced by global perspectives, experiential learning and interdisciplinary approaches to personal and professional development
- Encourage and celebrate excellence and innovation in teaching, l earning, research and student development
- Remain at the forefront of Indigenous education and scholarship
- Develop strong partnerships and collaborations with external communities, professions, and other institutions, as well as within our Colleges, departments, and programs
- Foster sustainability, in its environmental, social and economic dimensions, on our campuses and in all aspects of our work
- Promote a culture which engages all members of the Trent community, favours dialogue and collegiality, and nurtures a sense of belonging