The Trent University Archaeological Research Centre
(TUARC) was established in May, 2001, by the University Senate. The
Research Centre is dedicated to the investigation and understanding of
past cultures through studies of material culture and environmental
evidence, analysis of field, laboratory, and archival data, and the
education of students and interested community members by courses,
publications, and lectures.
TUARC was established with the following objectives:
- Facilitate the conduct of professional, high calibre archaeological research;
- Promote interdisciplinary archaeological research at Trent University, and link this with related research elsewhere;
- Foster international linkages between Trent faculty and students and archaeologists outside Canada;
- Encourage the study of archaeology by Trent University graduate and undergraduate students;
- Educate the public to instill a better understanding and appreciation of archaeology and cultural heritage.
TUARC is a unique research institute that manages academic and research
facilities for professional archaeologists, researchers, graduate
students, and volunteers. We sponsor workshops and special courses
on archaeology. Research facilities include specialized laboratories
for human osteology, Mesoamerican archaeology, Ontario archaeology,
palaeo-DNA studies, South American archaeology, archaeoinformatics
(including Geographical Information Systems [GIS], remote sensing,
spatial and quantitative analysis) and zooarchaeology.
TUARC assists with the publication of the findings of associated
scholars, and organizes public lectures on recent archaeological
discoveries and advances.
TUARC Sponsored Publications:
Before Ontario: The Archaeology of a Province
Edited by Marit K. Munson and Susan M. Jamieson
McGill-Queen's University Press
Birds From the Ground: The Record of Archaeology in Ontario
Sadler, Douglas C. and Howard G. Savage
Contact email@example.com to order.
Zooarchaeology of the Ancient Maya Centre of Pacbitun (Belize)
Edited by Paul F. Healy & Kitty F. Emery
Occasional Papers in Anthropology, Trent University
Order form here
Donate to TUARC through Trent Gives
(Trent University Archaeological Research Centre is the 11th option in the drop-down list)