Option in Languages
The Option in Languages allows students to combine a range of modern, ancient, and/or Indigenous language courses as a complement to a major in another discipline. Students may start all languages without any background or may, where courses are available, take intermediate- or advanced-level courses.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for an Honours or a General degree in any subject may graduate with an Option in Languages if they have successfully completed the following 4.0 credits:
– 1.5 credits in ARAB, ASLA, CHIN, FREN, GRMN, ITAL, RUSS, or SPAN
– 1.0 credit in GREK or LATN or from INDG 2250Y, 2800Y, 3800Y, 3851H, 3852H, or 4800Y
– 1.0 additional credit from the language courses listed above
– 0.5 credit in LING at the 2000 level or beyond
– May not include more than 1.0 FREN credit