In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must be an employee of the University of Guyana and a Guyanese citizen. Applications from non-Guyanese citizens will not be accepted. Selected Applicants are expected to sign a contract for service with the University of Guyana upon completion of their studies.
Students interested in applying for the Sustainable Guyana Program can submit their completed applications to the Office of Research at Trent University. Applications include:
- A completed Application Form;
- A Full Curriculum Vitae;
- All academic transcripts with a grading scale or transcript legend;
- Three letters of recommendation from supervisors, professors or immediate supervisors; and
- A written statement of motivation (maximum 2500 words) for the pursuit of a chosen area of research which falls within the stated areas of focus in the sustainable sectors of the Guyanese economy, and addresses one of the UN sustainable development goals. This should also outline your objectives within the graduate program, your relevant experiences, and/or career aspirations.
The areas of focus are as follows:
- Watershed Ecosystems and Water Quality;
- Sustainable Food and Agriculture;
- Indigenous Studies;
- Natural Products;
- Materials Physics and Chemistry.
All received applications will be ranked using the following matrix:
- Academic grades: 50%
- Suitability of academic background to the area of study: 15%
- Letters of recommendation: 15%
- Assessment of the candidate's written statement of motivation: 15%
- Other factors of merit assessed from Curriculum Vitae: 5%
Applicants will be selected based solely on their numerical score. Applicants chosen will still have to Apply to Trent University and be accepted into their chosen program of study. Selection for this program does not guarantee acceptance by Trent.
Calls for applications will be issued semi-annually until the Program is fully subscribed.
Any questions about the application process can be directed to the Trent University Office of Research by email at email@example.com.