The Student Centre project is part of Trent University’s $50 Million Campaign - Unleash the Potential, the University’s most ambitious philanthropic campaign to date.
Funding for the $16 million project has been a Trent family effort. The students have provided $10.5 million through a special levy.
- $4 million fundraising campaign:
- The Trent community including, the board, faculty, staff, and alumni, have donated over $3.75 million towards the $4 million fundraising goal.
- This includes a transformational $1 million gift from alumnus Stephen Stohn ’66 last fall
- $1.5 million through the Alumni Student Centre Challenge
- Five $100,000 donations from alumni - Gavin Marshall ’76, Greg Piasetzki ’72, Ken Hartwick ’81, Martha Wilder ’74, and Don Tapscott ’66 and Ana P. Lopes
- $300,000 gift from international alumnus and Trent supporter, Justin Chiu ’76
- $1.5 million in University funding