Stay Safe, Be Informed with the Alertus Mobile App
All students, staff and faculty advised to download Alertus app to receive important alerts during campus emergencies.
To help our Trent community stay safe and be informed during campus emergencies, we have launched the new Alertus app. With this free app, you can receive up-to-the-minute information as it becomes available during an emergency situation on campus. Emergencies include:
Hazardous materials spills
Unexpected serious weather conditions, such as tornados
NOTE: The ECS is not activated for class cancellations, event notifications or other situations that do not constitute a significant danger.
Campus Security joins the entire University Community in welcoming you to Trent University. Our department is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming environment for students, staff, faculty and visitors that recognizes and is respectful of the diverse nature of the Trent Community.
Whether you are here to live, work or study, we hope that your visit to Trent is a safe and secure one.
The responsibility for security is shared by every member of the Trent community. We will respect requests for confidentiality, however, please note that we have an obligation to respond to situations that may threaten the safety of community members.
To support the academic mission of Trent University , Campus Security works in partnership with our community to:
- protect persons and property by developing programs and providing services that promote safety and security
- prevent crime, maintain the peace, resolve conflicts and promote good order
- remain accountable to our community
- provide referral to support services in both the Trent and Peterborough communities
- respond to all emergencies and provide assistance to all members of the Trent community
- ensure compliance by all members of the Trent community with the laws of Canada and Ontario and Trent University policies and regulations
Trent University Campus Security is accountable to our community. We will:
- respect the dignity, privacy, worth and diversity of all persons
- treat all individuals fairly, with courtesy and impartiality
- demonstrate honesty and integrity through our actions and behaviour
- welcome and encourage community involvement in security, safety and parking issues
- demonstrate professionalism through our reliability, competence, consistency, teamwork and open communications
- provide the best service possible in support of Trent University's academic mission
- not bring discredit to Trent University by our words or actions