Trent University students and alumni are innovative and collaborative thinkers, making them ideal candidates for employers or entrepreneurship. This fact was demonstrated by the University during the Prosperity Business Tradeshow hosted by the Greater Peterborough Chamber of Commerce on September 11.
Trent University hosted a booth at the tradeshow, which showcased many of Peterborough’s most progressive organizations. Representing Trent at the event was Trent University president Dr. Steven E. Franklin, along with staff, students and alumni.
Kristi Kerford, director of Trent University’s Academic Skills and Career Centres was on-hand, speaking to businesses in the region about the benefits of hiring Trent students and alumni who make significant contributions to workplaces because of their innovative problem-solving skills and active critical minds.
Current Trent student Emily Morrison also attended as part of a team showcasing an exciting new company launched earlier in the day, Noble Purification Inc. Ms. Morrison is a current graduate student in the Master of Sustainability Studies program and a graduate of Trent’s undergraduate Business Administration Studies program.
An outstanding example of entrepreneurship, the newly launched company Noble Purification Inc. was being featured in the Innovation Zone at the tradeshow, led by young Trent researcher and international-award winning scientist, Adam Noble. Mr. Noble launched the company along with Trent University students and alumni on his team, including mentor and Trent Ph.D. candidate Andressa Lacerda and assistant researcher at Trent, Peter Andreas, who is the chief scientific officer for Noble Purification. Noble Purification has a patented bio-filtration technology designed to remove contaminants in wastewater management systems.
Why Hire Trent Students and Alumni?
Because they will:
- Use their education and experience to complement your workplace needs
- Make a significant contribution to your workplace
- Go above and beyond your expectations
Because they are:
- Active and open-minded
- Innovative and committed problem solvers
- Integrative and critical thinkers
- Team players and natural leaders
And, because they have:
- Access to the highest quality teaching and latest research
- Exposure to diverse and enhanced learning opportunities
- Important skills to help your organization achieve its goals, including superior communication
- skills and experience with leading technology
- The Trent University Career Centre is your on-campus and online resource for recruiting qualified students and graduates for your organization.
- Promote your employment opportunities at Trent and increase your visibility on campus and with Trent students.
With the Career Centre you can:
- Post-employment opportunities on Trent’s online Student Job Board
- Showcase your organization at career fairs
- Book a networking event
- Host an information session or table display
- Conduct on-campus interviews
- Explore other experiential education opportunities for students in your workplace
Trent students are your best choice for part-time, full-time and summer jobs.