The new academic year brings with it an increase in vehicular traffic to and from Trent University, which can increase traffic congestion on the roads surrounding the Symons Campus
. Of particular concern is Nassau Mills and Water Street from about 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. weekdays. To minimize the congestion, we ask drivers to consider the following options:
- Try to arrive and leave Symons campus outside of those peak traffic times.
- In the morning, drivers coming both north and south on Water St. should enter via Woodland Dr. to avoid making a left turn from Nassau Mills Rd. Signs have been posted on Water St.
- In the evening, drivers heading south from West Bank Drive should use Water St. rather than Armour, Pioneer or University Roads to avoid having to turn left onto Nassau Mills Rd.
- Drivers heading to or from East Bank at peak times could use University Rd. rather than Armour or Water to avoid the congestion on Nassau Mills.
- Consider carpooling or taking Peterborough Transit to reduce the number of vehicles on campus.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.