OPSEU Settlement Ratified by Trent University’s Board of Governors and OPSEU Local 365
JOINT RELEASE FROM OPSEU AND TRENT UNIVERSITY
From the Board of Governors’ Meeting
Trent University’s Board of Governors today ratified a two year agreement with OPSEU Local 365. The deal was previously ratified by OPSEU on Wednesday, September 29, 2010.
Some highlights of the agreement include:
• 0% wage increase per year, effective July 1, 2010, until June 30, 2012
• A no-layoff clause for the term of the agreement
• A joint commitment to develop a plan to address Pension Plan funding concerns by July 1, 2012
• An increase in employer contributions to Long Term Disability premiums from 0% to 50% on July 1, 2010 and to 75% on July 1, 2011.
• An agreement regarding facility services at Trent University Oshawa Thornton Road
• Health and dental coverage for eligible employees actively employed past age 65
Trent University and OPSEU Local 365 are pleased to have reached a negotiated settlement that will enable the parties to move forward and focus on Trent’s intent to be the university of choice for a wide diversity of students, faculty and staff.
OPSEU local 365 represents 357 members; the bargaining unit consists of “all non-academic employees of Trent” and includes such positions as Caretaking, Administration Support, Secretary, Systems Analyst, Maintenance, Demonstrator, and Teaching Assistant.