Welcome to the School of Law at Swansea University
One of the World's Top Law Schools
The Hillary Rodham Clinton School of Law has an international reputation and is ranked:
· 3rd in the UK for Course Satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2023)
· Top 10 in the UK for Teaching Satisfaction (Guardian University Guide 2023)
· 67th in the World (THE World University Rankings 2023)
The School offers a vibrant and diverse community, that is continuously developing to ensure our graduates are equipped to succeed in the legal world, and can make a difference to society. Find out more about the School of Law at Swansea University.
We put a strong focus on skills-based learning, and encourage our students to explore the practical applications of the academic theories they study, through our suite of experiential learning. This includes our award-winning Swansea Law Clinic, that teams students with practising solicitors to offer experience advising real-world clients, as well as a host of other volunteering opportunities, which all take place in sector-leading facilities.
This is bolstered by our Miscarriage of Justice Project that supports students to look at new evidence with a view to overturning unsafe convictions, and our mooting and advocacy modules that provide students with a platform to debate legal problems and build on their communication skills, often in our authentic courtroom environment.
What You'll Find at Swansea:
· An established LLB programme, covering the core themes of law
· A wide choice of modules, allowing you to shape your learning around your own interests
· Sector-leading facilities, including our Law Clinic, court room, and student study and social spaces
· Exceptional educational support from an expert team of academics, including your own academic mentor who you’ll meet with regularly throughout your studies
· Are equipped with skills and experience for rewarding legal careers
· Benefit from extensive careers support and guidance from our dedicated team
· Benefit from having free online access to their full range of reading materials, with all lectures also recorded to revisit online at any time
· Are actively involved in School activities and research
Swansea University is less than an hour from the Welsh capital of Cardiff and less than three hours from London. The School of Law is based at the Singleton Park Campus which is a short walk from the beach and adjacent to Singleton Park, a large open green space.
There's stunning coastal scenery on our doorstep, as we're on the edge of the beautiful Gower Peninsula, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB), yet we're within easy reach of the city centre, which offers a thriving cultural scene and the best of modern city life. The cost of living in Swansea is also relatively low compared to many other UK cities.
Hear From Our Students
I believe the best part about Swansea University must be the teaching team. I have always had someone available to listen to any question I had. Being an international student from Canada this has made my move to Swansea seamless and welcoming.
Every subject I have learnt has allowed me to understand the world around me better and how it operates. Land Law and mortgages will hopefully assist me greatly in the near future as well!
Aidan Reesor, LLB Law
I’ve always had an interest with human rights, children’s rights and experiential learning; so, as fate would have it, I was lucky that this university ticked all those boxes and more. Swansea Uni is big and reputable enough to challenge students but has a personable and pragmatic environment where I don’t feel like a number in the system – I feel like a student. For those reasons, I packed my life up and moved abroad!
Elenor Marano, LLB Law