Celebrate Trent at Head of the Trent Weekend
Calling all students, alumni, employees and friends of Trent! Join us on the Symons campus for a weekend celebration of all things green and white!
With athletic action on the river and in the stadium, and gatherings, events and live music on the podium and at the stage, there's something for everyone at Head of the Trent.
The event that started it all is back for the 52nd time, hosted by the Peterborough Rowing Club. Watch the regatta all day Saturday and Sunday from the Faryon Bridge, or anywhere along the Otonabee River.
- Did you know the regatta started with just 13 boats, but is now one of the largest regatta's of the racing season, with more than 600 boats racing down the Otonabee over two days?
- What's a head race? A head race is a time trail. Winners are determined by how fast they make it down the river.
Drop by The Stage in the LEC parking lot between noon and 7:00 p.m. Saturday for afternoon of live music and good food, and to support the Trent Rowing Club in their annual fundraiser! The Stage is open to everyone.
- Pick up your annual collectors Head of the Trent stein and Head of the Trent merch
- Grab something to eat
- Dance and groove to a full line up of live music with local favourites like Washboard Hank, and rising star Jordy Jackson
- Grab a drink in the licensed area - Alumni fast track line is open noon-4:00 p.m.
- $10 cover; 19+ ID required; alumni verification required for fast track line
- Try the Head of the Trent Portside Lager from Publican House Brewery
Grab your green and white and cheer on the Excalibur in Justin Chiu Stadium. Be one of the first 50 Trent students, with valid student ID, and get a limited edition Head of the Trent giveaway.
Friday, September 29
- 7:00 p.m. - Women's Rugby vs York U
Saturday, September 30
- 1:00 p.m. - Women's Soccer vs. U Ottawa
- 3:15 p.m. - Men's Soccer vs. TMU
- 7:00 p.m. - Men's Rugby vs RMC
Calling all alumni! Stop by the podium, your Alumni Headquarters, get your alumni wristband and connect with the Alumni team. Your wristband gives you:
- Fast track line to the licensed area at the Stage until 4:00 p.m.
- Access to the Ceilie for an alumni-exclusive event,
- Discounts at the Trent Bookstore and heaps of other benefits.
- Your gateway to campus
- Visit the colleges for tours, pep rallies, and reunions
- Join the Trent African Caribbean Student Union Dance Party
Recognizing the Third Annual National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
This year, Head of the Trent overlaps with the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Trent will be observing the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation on Monday, October 2, when more of the campus community can participate in the education and reflection events, and importantly, staff are available to offer support as needed.
On September 30, in recognition of this important day, Trent varsity athletes will wear orange warmup jerseys and a moment of silence will be held before the first varsity game begins. Orange lapel pins are also available at the stadium, the Rowing Club, and the Alumni Welcome Tent on Bata Podium.