Annual United Way Campaign
Breaking Records for the Community: Trent University Raises $150,000 for United Way
Thank you to faculty, staff and retirees for coming together to make largest United Way gift in Trent’s history
It's never too late to support the United Way!
How you can help:
Complete Your Pledge Form
- Download the Employee Pledge Form (fillable .pdf)
- Make a recurring or one-time contribution via payroll deduction (up to 26 pays)
- Email your completed pledge for to Babin Joy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a recurring or one-time contribution via credit card
Durham employees: When using the pledge form or online donation option, be sure to direct your donation to the United Way Durham Region.
Why give to the United Way?
LOCAL our donations support local agencies, keeping our money in the community where we work.
CONFIDENCE All agencies and programs are vetted for their impact and measured outcomes, meaning we can be confident that our donations will go where they are most needed.
SIMPLICITY Donating to one organization, the United Way, advances the work of many partner agencies and addresses a range of social needs: homelessness, food insecurity, and the opiod crisis, to name just three.
Did you know:
- 20% of children in our community under the age of 6 live in poverty?
- 5,800 Peterborough households regularly experience a shortage of nutritious, quality food?
- Peterborough youth (15-24) are unemployed at 2.5x the rate of our community?
The Peterborough United Way responded:
- 11,682 parents were supported to provide a nurturing environment for their children through parent education programs
- 72,489 meals were provided to ensure that safe, affordable and nutritious food is available to alleviate the effects of hunger
- 3,000 children and youth were provided with training and learning opportunities to improve their success at school
Each year, the Peterborough United Way makes meaningful, positive change in our community through their funded partner agencies. The need is great, but with our help, more people can move from poverty to possibility.