Trent University's faculty, staff and retirees support the community where they live and work through an annual campaign to raise money for the United Way of Peterborough & District. Together we have raised more than $2 million for the United Way since 1965.
This year, our goal is $125,000. Can we count on your support?
Did you know:
- 20% of children in our community under the age of 6 live in poverty?
- 5,800 Peterborough households regularly experience a shortage of nutritious, quality food?
- Peterborough youth (15-24) are unemployed at 2.5x the rate of our community?
The Peterborough United Way responded:
- 11,682 parents were supported to provide a nurturing environment for their children through parent education programs
- 72,489 meals were provided to ensure that safe, affordable and nutritious food is available to alleviate the effects of hunger
- 3,000 children and youth were provided with training and learning opportunities to improve their success at school
Each year, the Peterborough United Way makes meaningful, positive change in our community through their funded partner agencies. The need is great, but with our help, more people can move from poverty to possibility.