Safe Travel with Students
If you are traveling internationally with students or you are supervising a student traveling internationally for a research project, internship or conference, Trent’s Risk Management page provides information and resources on how to prepare yourself and your students for travel.
The Global Affairs website (formally Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development travel)is a great travel advisory resource.
Faculty Mobility Program
(Closed for the 2022-2023 academic year)
The Faculty Mobility for Partnership Building Program provides Canadian faculty with short-term opportunities to build or expand partnerships through teaching and/or research at the college, undergraduate and graduate levels.
The Program will award grants to faculty members to teach or conduct research for a short term in ELAP-eligible countries (Caribbean, Central and South America, and Mexico). The maximum grant value per project is CAD 7,000. Recipients may seek additional funding from other sources (private or public).The duration of the mobility is three (3) weeks minimum and eight (8) weeks maximum. Successful candidates may extend their stay with funds from other sources.
The following conditions must be met to ensure eligibility for the Faculty Mobility for Partnership Building Program:
- Candidates must be full-time faculty members at Canadian postsecondary institutions (part-time professors, lecturers and public servants);
Note: Federal, Provincial/Territorial, Municipal, or Crown corporations are not eligible.
- Canadian postsecondary institutions will have to designate and provide contact information of the official coordinator responsible for submitting applications on behalf of eligible candidates to the scholarship administrator, the Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE);
- Host institutions must be at the college level and above;
- Host institutions will have to provide an invitation letter expressing their support and confirming that the proposed teaching or research project will indeed take place.
To be considered for the Faculty Mobility for Partnership Building Program, the Canadian postsecondary institution must apply on behalf of the candidate(s) by completing and submitting the online application form and providing the supporting documents as requested.You will find the application on this website. Study Abroad will submit applications on behalf of Trent University.
Global Affairs Canada: Student Exchange Program Scholarships
Global Affairs Canada offers funding opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and visiting researchers or faculty members to conduct research or professional development in Canada.These scholarships provide an opportunity for faculty members to develop research collaborations by hosting fully funded students and/or faculty from eligible countries according to the guidelines of each program.
Types of Scholarships
- Canada-CARICOM Faculty Leadership Program for faculty or staff at post-secondary institutions in CARICOM countries
- Canada-CARICOM Skills Training for the Green Economy Scholarships Program for students from CARICOM countries
- Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) for students from ASEAN countries
- Emerging Leaders in the Americas Program for students in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Study in Canada Scholarships for students from Algeria, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Jordan, Kenya, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, and Ukraine
- Canada-Brazil Awards - Joint Research Projects for Canadian and Brazilian research teams