Before going abroad, please provide Trent with your travel itinerary and contact information.
- To do this, first log onto your MyTrent account
- Click on "Academics"
- Under "Study Abroad" click the "Emergency Contact Program"
- Fill in all fields and click "submit"
- You will receive a confirmation email once your information has been received.
Please ensure that you have included all necessary information in case of an emergency. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our office.
In the Event of an Emergency
If you find yourself in an emergency situation, contact the following:
- Local emergency authorities
- The contact person at your host university
- Your local Embassy/Consulate
Note for Canadians: on the back page of your passport it states that if you find yourself in a country with no Canadian office, application may be made in an emergency to the nearest British diplomatic or consular office.
- Global Affairs Canada
Tel: 1-613-996-8885 (collect calls will be accepted)
- Trent International
Operating hours: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. EST
- Trent Security (24 hours): 1-705-748-1333
Should a program participant contact Trent University to report an emergency situation, Trent will coordinate the emergency situation with participants, working with appropriate governmental agencies (i.e. Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development) and other contacts and available means to ensure safety and security. Emergency services provided by the university, include, buy may not be limited to, communication, participant debriefing, media inquiries and counseling.