Interested in Studying Law?
Political Studies at Trent is a great place to start. In fact, Political Studies is one the available majors for the Trent/Swansea dual degree program, which allows students to complete a Single Honours Law degree (LLB) and a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree (BA) over a six-year program of study.
In the dual degree program, students would spend years 1, 2 and 6 completing the requirements of one of the available majors at Trent, and years 3-5 completing the LLB program at Swansea University, United Kingdom.
If Political Studies is chosen as a major for the dual degree, the following courses would have to be completed at Trent:
Years 1 and 2: Trent
10.0 credits including the following:
- 2.5 POST credits consisting of POST 1001H, 1002H, 2351H, 2352H, and 3600H
- 1.0 POST credit from POST 2011H and 2012H or 2230Y
- 0.5 POST credit at the 3000 level in addition to the above
- 6.0 additional elective credits
Years 3 to 5: Swansea University
5.0 Trent transfer credits award for successful completion of LLB program:
- 2.0 unassigned POST credits at the 3000 level
- 1.0 unassigned POST credit at the 4000 level - 2.0 unasisgned ARTS credits at the 3000 level
Year 6: Trent
5.0 credits including the following:
- 2.0 POST credits at the 4000 level
- 3.0 credits in the Canadian Law for National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) exam preparations (offered by Trent University; topics to be announced)