- International Agencies and Information on the Web is a list of Web sites by name of the organization (from the University of Michigan Documents Center).
- Library of Congress: Country Studies “presents a description and analysis of the historical setting and the social, economic, political and national security systems and institutions of countries throughout the world.”
- Nation Master is “a massive central data source and a handy way to geographically compare nations.”
- NIRA’s World Directory of Think Tanks (2002) “provides information on over 300 public policy institutes from over 77 countries and regions.”
- Official Documents of the United Nations “covers all types of official United Nations documentation…Provides access to the resolutions of the General Assembly, Security Council, Economic and Social Council and the Trusteeship Council.”
- Policy Library is a social, economic and foreign policy resource updated daily with the latest jobs, research, and events.
- Political Resources on the Net is an index of political sites available on the Internet sorted by country, with links to Parties, Organizations, Governments, Media and more from all around the world.
- Political Science Resources on the Web provides comprehensive coverage of political science resources with excellent U.S. coverage.
- Political Science Resources Web Page is a “gateway to the most significant resources relevant to the study of politics and government.”
- Protest.net is a worldwide calendar offering locations, dates and information for activism, protests, pickets, strikes, demonstrations, meetings and direct political action.
- Scholar’s Guide to the WWW is a guide to internet research written by Richard Jensen, a professor of history for over 35 years.
- UniGuide Academic Guide to the Internet – Political Science Guide is an internet guide created especially for the higher education community to develop the primary Internet resource of and for the research and academic community.
- United Nations Home Page – the official website of the United Nations. Provides information about the U.N. and links to its organizations.
- The World Factbook “contains comprehensive, individual country profiles which include information on the country’s geography, population, government, economy, communications, transportation, military and transnational issues” (published by the CIA).
- The WWW Virtual Library - International Affairs Resource is an Internet directory of over 2600 annotated links to high-quality sources of information and analysis in a wide range of international affairs, international studies, and international relations topics.
- Canadian Policy Library is a social, economic and foreign policy resource updated daily with the latest jobs, research and events.
- Canadian Political Resources is an index of Canadian political sites available on the internet, with links to parties, organizations, government and media.
- Canadian Politics on the Web is a collection of annotated links to hundreds of sites on the Internet “that can help you with your research on Canadian politics and government.”
- Canadian-Politics.com provides “Canadians and anyone interested in Canada or in general political discussion with a forum to explore not only current issues affecting the country, but to also propose and debate ideas on how to revitalize and modernise the Canadian political system at all levels.”
- Canadian Politics: a Net Station is a collection of web sites with information on Canadian politics, government, public policy, foreign relations etc. (from UBC Library).
- Government of Canada Homepage – the official website of the government of Canada. Contains information on Canada and its government, access to government reports and publications.
- Government of Canada Information is a collection of links to Canadian government sites and key federal documents maintained by Library and Archives Canada.
- Government of Ontario Homepage – the official website of the government of Ontario. Contains information on Ontario and its government, access to government publications.
- Government Publications – Trent University Library provides information about the Government Publications section of the Library, with links to Canadian Government sites, Royal Commissions and other international organizations.
- Index to Federal Royal Commissions “provides bibliographic access to materials associated with more than 200 federal Royal Commissions that have taken place since Confederation.”
- INFO-GO – Government of Ontario allows you to search or browse the online directory of Ontario government offices and services, or the online government telephone directory.
- Legislative Assembly of Ontario Website contains information on the proceedings of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario.
- Maple leaf web is a Canadian political education web-site that “aims to provide educators, students and the attentive public with a credible source for political education and information.”
- Outrageous Canadian Political Facts “crusades against perks for politicians, God in the Constitution and taxes.”
- Parliament of Canada Website contains information on the proceedings of the Parliament of Canada.
- Provincial and Territorial Legislatures
- Policy.ca is a forum for informed discussion – be it for interested policy-makers, members of the academic community, or the attentive public; Includes links to publications and directories of policy institutes and advocacy groups.
- Politics Canada is an independent source of information and opinion, “Our objective is to provide balanced opinion and news on the state of Canadian politics, performance, platforms, leaders and members.”
The United Kingdom
- U.K. Official Publications on the Internet includes the full text or summary of selected documents prepared for the Internet by the Stationery Office.
- U.K. Parliament Homepage includes the full text of parliamentary debates (Hansard) and Acts (from 1996 onward). Summaries are provided for Acts before 1996.
The United States
- The Federal Web Locator is “the one stop shopping point for federal government information on the World Wide Web.”
- FirstGov.gov is “the official U.S. gateway to all government information.”
- GPO Access is a database with free electronic access to full-text information from the U.S. Federal Government.
- U.S. Government Manual is “the official handbook of the U.S.Federal Government, the Government Manual provides comprehensive information on the agencies of the legislative, judicial, and executive branches.”
- Africa Action: An African policy information centre.
- African Studies Centre (from the University of Pensylvania)
- AllAfrica.com is a gateway site with the greatest volume of up-to-date news coverage from the entire continent.
- South Asia Resource Access on the Internet houses a plethora of online information resources
- The WWW Virtual Library – Asian Studies is an Internet directory of over 2600 annotated links to high-quality sources of information and analysis in a wide range of international affairs, international studies, and international relations topics.
- The WWW Virtual Library – Pacific Studies
- European Union Political Resources is an index of EU sites available on the internet, with links to parties, organizations, government and media.
- Molly Molloy is an exhaustive guide to internet resources on Latin America, especially Mexico.
- Political Database of US and Latin America is a database containing political information, links to Latin American Government agencies and important newspapers and publications of the region.
- MidEastWeb is a Middle East news gateway.
- Middle East and North Africa Internet Resource Guide provides access to internet resources dealing with the Middle East.
- Middle East Network Information Centre (from the University of Texas)
- The Middle East Research and Information Project contains “excellent progressive reporting on politics, society and culture of the contemporary Middle East.”