A guaranteed career experience is likely to attract a lot of interest from the more than 3,000 students and guests expected at Trent University’s fall Open House event in Peterborough this Friday, November 8, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Trent University’s Careerspace will be front and centre boasting a career-related experience in 100% of its programs and more than 49% of Trent courses. Other highlights of Open House include a growing list of innovative programs, as well as residence and student life tours focused around Trent’s collegiate experience. The day offers a true sneak peek into what it’s like to study at Ontario’s #1 undergraduate university.
“More and more, students and parents are interested in making a connection between their academic program and a future career,” said Marilyn Burns, associate vice-president, Communications & Recruitment. “This Friday, along with professors and students from a growing list of innovative programs, Trent’s Careerspace will be on hand to show the many ways in which students will build their resume while they study. By taking part in placements, co-op, and myriad hands-on learning experiences, from research projects with profs and the community to on-campus jobs, guaranteed career experience will give Trent grads the edge in building careers for today’s complex world.”
Highlights from Trent’s Peterborough Campus Fall Open House include:
- Apply on the Spot: Visit the “Apply Now” table in the Athletics Centre. High school students need their OUAC access code for our admissions team them apply on the spot.
- Chance to win first-year tuition: Just by attending, students are automatically entered in a draw for a chance to win first-year tuition.
- Deep-dive into popular new career-focused programs: Attend mini-lectures and information sessions to find out more about a growing range of programs focused on your future: Financial Analytics; Kinesiology; Law & Arts/Law & Business; Chemical Engineering and more.
- Consider a January start: Find out which programs have space available for students interested in starting out or transferring to Trent in January 2020.
- Meet the Careerspace team: Find out about experiential learning and career opportunities guaranteed for every Trent student.
- Get to know our community: Speak with award-winning Trent professors and students, ranked #1 in Ontario in the Maclean’s undergrad category, and find out more about support from Canada’s #1 ranked academic advising team at the academic and student services fair.
- Tour Canada’s most Instagrammable campus: Check out residence rooms, state-of-the-art labs, and the newly transformed Bata Library; be sure to snap and share a photo at one of the selfie spots to win prizes;
- Visit with our college principals: Principals from Trent’s five colleges – Champlain, Lady Eaton, Gzowski, Otonabee, and Traill – will be greeting students and sharing all of the advantages of Trent’s collegiate environment;
- Buy the T-shirt: Purchase Trent gear at a discounted price from the campus store.
Trent University is once again offering free transportation to students throughout the GTA (stops at Union Station and Scarborough Town Centre) and Ottawa with our bus-to-us program with free pick-up and drop-off to the Peterborough Open House.
On Saturday, November 2, Trent University Durham GTA hosted a record-breaking Fall Open House, during which more guests than ever before came to explore Trent’s growing GTA campus in Oshawa, and were treated to a sneak peek of new residences, opening in fall 2020.