Uncover insights into the world around you by exploring the truth behind the numbers. Through a specialization in Statistics, students pursuing a degree in Mathematics will learn to incorporate pure math, big data, and computing to navigate the knowledge interwoven in numbers, paving the way for career success in everything from medicine and communications to marketing and technology.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for a single- or joint-major Honours degree in Mathematics may graduate with a Specialization in Statistics if they have successfully completed the following 4.5 credits:
- 3.0 MATH credits consisting of MATH 2560H, 2570H, 3180H, 3560H, 4560H, and 4561H
- 1.0 COIS credit consisting of COIS 1010H and 1020H
- 0.5 credit from MATH 4570H, 4850Y, 4851H, 4852H, or COIS 4400H
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Learn in small groups working alongside faculty dedicated to challenging and strengthening your skills.
- Participate in summer research opportunities or get involved with the Math Society of Trent (MASCOT).
Mathematicians and statisticians research mathematical or statistical theories, and develop and apply mathematical or statistical techniques for solving problems in such fields as science, engineering, business and social science. Actuaries apply mathematics, statistics, probability and risk theory to assess potential financial impacts of future events. Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries are employed by universities, governments, bank and trust companies, insurance companies, pension benefit consulting firms, professional associations, and science and engineering consulting firms.
- Financial Auditor
- Account Executive
- Economic Advisor
- Financial Analyst
- Insurance Analyst
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- MHF4U or MCV4U
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch