- Hands-on, real-world experience through our third-year internship course, fourth-year project course or our co-op option (new for 2018).
- Progressive use of the latest science and digital technologies.
- Smaller classrooms that give you the opportunity to interact on a personal level with your professors.
- Participate in Electric City Hacks, Trent University’s annual student-run hackathon.
Software engineers and designers research, design, evaluate, integrate and maintain software applications, technical environments, operating systems, embedded software, information warehouses and telecommunications software. They are employed in information technology consulting firms, information technology research and development firms, and information technology units throughout the private and public sectors, or they may be self-employed.
- Database Administrator
- Software Systems Developer
- Software Application Developer
- Network Systems Administrator
- Research Scientist
- Software Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Computer Security
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch