It is a digital world and if you want to be a leader in shaping this progress this is the specialization for you. In this specialization you will learn how to design and test the software that shapes our lives, as well as the skills required to position yourself as a leader in the tech industry. Through a focus on teamwork and collaboration, work with your peers and leading faculty both in and out of the classroom to gain the hands-on experience required to launch your career.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for a single-major Honours degree in Computing Systems may apply for a Specialization in Software Engineering, if they have also successfully completed the following 9.0 credits:
- 4.0 COIS credits consisting of COIS 3030H, 3040H, 3050H, 3320H, 3420H, 3850H, and 4000Y
- 1.0 credit from ADMN
- 1.0 credit from AHCL, CAST, CUST, ENGL, FREN, HIST, HSST, PHIL, or WMST
- 1.0 credit from BIOL, CHEM, ERSC, FRSC, GEOG, or PHYS
- 2.0 additional credits outside of COIS and MATH
Study in a specialization that not only trains you on what it takes to succeed as a software engineer, but also what it takes to be a leader in the workplace.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Hands-on, real-world experience through our third-year internship course, fourth-year project course or our co-op option (new for 2018).
- Progressive use of the latest science and digital technologies.
- Smaller classrooms that give you the opportunity to interact on a personal level with your professors.
- Participate in Electric City Hacks, Trent University’s annual student-run hackathon.
- Database Administrator
- Software Systems Developer
- Software Application Developer
- Network Systems Administrator
- Research Scientist
- Software Engineer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Mobile Application Developer
- Computer Security