Teacher Education Stream
Forge your own path to a rewarding career in education through Trent’s distinctive Teacher Education Stream (TES). If your dream is to become a teacher, this one-of- a-kind program is the best pathway. TES will provide you with a strong foundation for application to a consecutive B.Ed. teacher education program, giving you an opportunity to design your B.A. or B.Sc. degree according to your individual interests. Gain relevant practical and theoretical knowledge through coursework and experiential opportunities such as teaching placements and other hands-on experiences.
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Durham GTA
- Pursue education-related placements in EVERY year of the program, starting in year one, in schools, daycares, zoos, senior centres, libraries, and more
- Take specialized courses in teacher education throughout your undergrad degree
I've been able to explore different areas without having to hone in on one specific topic. It's given me a much broader perspective of what education is about.
Elementary School Teacher
Elementary school and kindergarten teachers teach basic subjects such as reading, writing and arithmetic or specialized subjects such as English or French as a second language at public and private elementary schools.
- Child Care Worker
- Educational Author
- Curriculum Developer
- Educational Researcher
- Outdoor Educator
- Employee Trainer
- Academic Advisor
- Guidance Counsellor
- Early Childhood Educator
- Understanding Teaching and Learning
- Concepts and Dispositions in Teaching and Learning
- Learning and Literacy
- Topics in Mathematics Education
- A STEAM Driven Classroom
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- 75% overall average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Many students say they knew Trent was right for them when they visited campus. Come see for yourself.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch