- Translate knowledge into career experience through environmental field placements like geological surveying in the Northwest Territories
- Participate in a hands-on fourth year capstone experiential learning opportunity
- Work directly with leading experts, like Dr. Ian Power, Canada Research Chair in Environmental Geoscience, who are making a positive impact on the health of our planet
- Gain the academic credentials required to apply to become a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) in Training
Geoscientists include geologists, geochemists and geophysicists who conduct programs of exploration and research to extend knowledge of the structure, composition and processes of the earth, to locate, identify and extract hydrocarbon, mineral and groundwater resources and to assess and mitigate the effects of development and waste disposal projects on the environment. Oceanographers conduct programs of exploration and research on ocean processes and phenomena, biological, chemical and physical characteristics of oceans, interactions with atmospheric and geological environments and impacts of human activity on oceans and marine ecosystems. Geoscientists are employed by petroleum and mining companies, consulting geology, geophysics and engineering firms and by governments and educational institutions, or they may be self-employed. Oceanographers are employed by governments, educational institutions and private companies engaged in exploration of seafloor deposits and seafarming areas, or they may be self-employed.
- Environmental Geoscientist
- Environmental Consultant
- Earth Scientist
- Environmental Geologist
- Field Methods in Environmental Geoscience
- Earth Materials
- Applied and Environmental Geophysics
- Structural Geology
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- 75% overall average. ENG4U, MHF4U or MCV4U and SCH4U are required. SPH4U and SES4U are highly recommended. Admission average is calculated on required courses, plus three next best 4U/M courses.
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch