Receive specialized training in environmental techniques used in geotechnical investigations, applying what you learn in a practical way through hands-on research and field work.
This degree provides the perfect path for students who wish to find solutions to large-scale challenges such as pollution, climate change or rising sea levels. The program integrates the disciplines of geology, biology, chemistry and geography, and gives you an opportunity to study at one of the top 100 green campuses in the world. As an Environmental Geoscience student, you’ll study the interaction between human activities and our planet while discovering environmental solutions alongside some of the world’s leading environmental researchers and scientists.
Accelerated Master's Degree
Earning your M.Sc. in Environmental & Life Sciences (ELS) in only 12-16 months after graduating from your B.Sc.
- B.Sc. (Honours)
The Trent Advantage
- Translate knowledge into career experience through environmental field placements
- Participate in a hands-on fourth year capstone experiential learning opportunity
- Gain the academic credentials required to register as a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) in Training
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
Program Specific Prerequisites:
- Applied and Environmental Geophysics
- Field Methods in Environmental Geoscience
- Introduction to Mineralogy and Petrology
- Structural Geology
- Environmental Geoscientist
- Environmental Consultant
- Earth Scientist
- Environmental Geologist