FastStart Opens the Door to Entrepreneurship
Looking to learn more about starting your own business or social enterprise?
Trent University and its partners are pleased to introduce FastStart, an extra-curricular program that opens the door to entrepreneurship for all students and community members 29 years of age or under.
This ground-breaking new program will support you — whether you're simply looking to broaden your horizons by exploring entrepreneurship, or you already have an idea or innovation to take to market.
FastStart will increase entrepreneurship skills and an awareness of this type of career path on campus and in the community. It will also help students and community members develop solid business plans and implement them.
Trent and Fleming College, along with the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT) and Durham College, are working with the Greater Peterborough Innovation Cluster (GPIC) and the Spark Centre to deliver this powerful new resource. Trent students in Peterborough and in Oshawa will have ample opportunity to access programs and services. Students at Trent University Durham will also have access to FastStart programming at UOIT and Durham College.
FastStart will meet you wherever you are on your journey toward entrepreneurship. Attend an information session or two, or roll up your sleeves and get ready to dig in — with lots of support and assistance.
Watch this webpage for further information, or stop by the Office of Research on the Symons Campus to learn more about:
- Entrepreneurship cafes — opportunities to meet young entrepreneurs
- Guest speakers and seminars — the nuts and bolts of starting an enterprise (establishing a business model, registering a businesses, intellectual property information, etc.)
- Business boot camps — mentors working intensively with students over the course of a weekend
- Accessing the GPIC's business incubator — the Cube is a “one-stop-shop” to help innovative start-ups find their best path to market
- FastStart events in Peterborough will be held in partnership with Fleming College in community locations including the downtown core. FastStart events in Durham will be held in partnership with UOIT and Durham College.
FastStart @ Trent will be part of a new business and social entrepreneurship centre designed to equip you with the knowledge, tools, experiences and supports needed to become successful innovators, entrepreneurs and change agents.
For further information about FastStart @ Trent, please contact John Knight at email@example.com.
"Entrepreneurship is something every student should be exposed to. There are a lot more opportunities if you have an awareness of how to create your own enterprise."
- John Knight, lead, FastStart @ Trent
Trent Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre – Launching Soon
Both Trent’s Peterborough and the Durham campuses are placing a significant focus on entrepreneurship to spur community economic and social development. FastStart @ Trent will be part of a new business and social entrepreneurship centre designed to equip you with the knowledge, tools, experiences and supports needed to become successful innovators, entrepreneurs and change agents.
Accessible to all students as an institutional initiative at both campuses, the centre will be supported through the Trent University Career Centre. Programs through the centre will also be available to Trent alumni under the age of 30 recognizing the valuable mentorship and community development benefits.