Policing & Community Well-Being* (B.A.)
Be a part of a truly unique degree experience: the only community-inclusive policing program of its kind in Canada.
As modern policing evolves keeping communities safe is no longer achieved through force, but rather through a practice of collaboration and social awareness. In the new Policing & Community Well-Being degree, you will explore these practices and the economic, social, and cultural features that shape the needs of communities to help empower its citizens, law enforcement, and outreach groups to come together and make a difference.
- Analyze community diversity challenges and initiatives in Ontario municipalities through a work-integrated learning experience in third year
- Put theory into practice through use and analysis of real-life data and direct exposure to societal issues
- Undertake an 8-month work placement in fourth year with a variety of social agencies and police services
- Police Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Community Outreach Worker
- Conflict Mediator
- Probation Officer
- Crime Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Transforming Community Policing
- Restorative Justice
- Mental Health, Addiction & Community Well-Being
- Community Consultation and Advocacy
- Problem Solving in a Complex and Diverse Community
*Pending Ministry approval.