Media Studies (B.A.)
Draw from an interdisciplinary curriculum including a wide variety of different subjects, including hands-on workshops in film, and a variety of other new media.
From daily newspapers to video games, media plays an enormous part in the way we view the world and our place in it. Particularly in today’s high-speed digital environment, we need multimedia researchers and creators to examine the social, political and cultural dimensions and implications of various forms of media. The dynamic Media Studies program at Trent takes a multidisciplinary approach to the understanding of media practices and effects, giving you a platform to gain practical multimedia experience and flex your creative muscles.
- Create a portfolio of your work including photography, podcasts and a short film.
- Get hands-on experience through workshop courses.
Online media; radio and television production; documentary-maker; podcaster; multi-media journalist
Media and Society; Issues in Global Media; Television Studies; Radio Studies; Game Studies; Film Workshop; Radio and Podcast Workshop
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%