Media Studies (B.A.)
Draw from an interdisciplinary curriculum including a wide variety of different subjects, including hands-on workshops in film, and a variety of other new media.
From daily newspapers to video games, media plays an enormous part in the way we view the world and our place in it. Particularly in today’s high-speed digital environment, we need multimedia researchers and creators to examine the social, political and cultural dimensions and implications of various forms of media. The dynamic Media Studies program at Trent takes a multidisciplinary approach to the understanding of media practices and effects, giving you a platform to gain practical multimedia experience and flex your creative muscles.
- Create a portfolio of your work with innovative new media, including: writing zines, coding video games, programming radio shows, and more.
- Get hands-on experience through the radio production workshop taught by CBC radio reporter Trevor Dunn.
- Earn a publishing credit before you even graduate by submitting your papers to undergraduate research journals across the globe.
Internet, TV, and Radio Production Manager; Media Executive; App Developer; Media Consultant; Journalist
Global Media; Workshop in Experimental Film; Branding; Virtual Worlds: The Anthropology of Online Communities; Human Computer Interaction; Game Studies; Producing Punk
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%