COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Information
Message from Student Leadership
Screening Information for COVID-19
The risk to individuals returning from travel abroad will vary depending on the area(s) of travel as well as the person’s age and health status.
There are several active travel health notices for COVID-19. Each country or area may have different levels of risk. These risk levels may change as the COVID-19 event evolves internationally. The World Health Organization provides a daily situation report that includes a list of countries with confirmed cases.
If you have travelled outside of Canada, and are experiencing a cough, fever or difficulty breathing, please refer to your local health unit to determine self-isolation and monitoring guidelines in your area.
- Peterborough Public Health: 705-743-1000 x401, or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Durham Region Health Department: 905-668-2020 or 1-800-841-2729
- If you need to call after hours, please call Telehealth at 1-866-797-0000.
As with any flu season, you can help protect yourself and others from the spread of viruses by following the usual best practices such as those outlined by the World Health Organization:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid sharing personal items
- Clean hard surfaces in shared spaces with disinfectant
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
In addition to preventative measures, consider “alternative greetings”, such as elbow bumps or courteous bows rather than handshakes.
If you have cold-like symptoms, please:
- Stay home while sick
- Avoid close contact with others and do not travel while sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces
- If your symptoms escalate,
- Students - contact your health-care provider or Trent Student Health Services.
- Staff and faculty - contact your health-care provider
Please continue to check this site for updates.