Quebec & Franco-Canadian Studies
Go beyond the boundaries of your French major, exploring French as a linguistic force that exceeds provincial borders and has influence across the globe as a language of power. Immerse yourself in the culture, literature, and history of Québec and French Canada to understand the social and political dimensions of Canada’s second official language.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for a degree in French Studies may graduate with a Specialization in Quebec & Franco-Canadian Studies if they have successfully completed the following 4.0 credits:
- 4.0 FREN credits from FREN 2452H (2450Y), 3231H, 3232H (3230Y), 3237H, 3238H, 3239H, 3831H, 3832H (3830Y), 4229Y, 4302H, 4500Y/4501H, 4520Y, or 4611H; or any reading course on a Quebec or Franco-Canadian subject (with permission of department chair)
- B.A. (Honours)
- Take your studies even further by spending a year abroad in Quebec.
- Embrace French-based events, including presentations by guest speakers, public readings, and student-run mini-conferences.
- Cultural Affairs Coordinator
- Foreign Services Officer
- Immigration Officer
- Marketing Consultant
- Public Administrator
- Public Servant
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch