Looking to pursue a career in developing, analyzing and adapting innovative policy that strike a balance between the social, environmental and economic needs of today? The specialization in Public Policy is the ideal path for students in Political Studies who are interested in pursuing a career in public service, think tanks, as well as non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations.
Students who have fulfilled the requirements for a single- or joint-major Honours degree in Political Studies may graduate with a Specialization in Public Policy if they have also successfully completed the following 4.0 credits:
- 0.5 POST credit consisting of POST 3605H
- 3.5 POST credits from Group A and Group B, with at least 1.0 credit from Group A
4081H (or 4080Y)
- B.A. (Honours)
- Apply your learning to the real world through a community engagement project or political internship
- Develop a multidisciplinary approach to politics by taking cross listed courses in Environmental Studies, Indigenous Studies, Anthropology, Canadian Studies, and International Development
Social Policy Analyst
Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, develop policy and implement or administer programs in areas such as consumer affairs, employment, home economics, immigration, law enforcement, corrections, human rights, housing, labour, family services, foreign aid and international development. They are employed by government departments and agencies, industry, hospitals, educational institutions, consulting establishments, professional associations, research institutes, non-government organizations and international organizations or they may be self-employed.
- Policy Analyst
- Public Relations Officer
- Political Consultant
- Civil Servant
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch