Foundations of Indigenous Learning (Diploma)
The Diploma in Foundations of Indigenous Learning is a two-year program open to Indigenous students who have the equivalent of Grade 12 or who qualify as mature students or whose admission is approved by the Director of the First Peoples House of Learning and the Office of the Registrar. Students of Indigenous ancestry are encouraged to enrol. The Diploma is awarded upon successful completion of the program. With it is included a Trent University transcript identifying all courses undertaken and grades received. All courses receive a University credit.
Students are required to complete 8.0 credits, including 6.0 INDG credits. Some 2000-level Indigenous Studies courses are available to students in Year 1 of the Diploma. See the prerequisites for individual courses.
- 2.0 INDG credits consisting of INDG 1000Y, 1011H, and 1012H (or 1010Y)
- 1.0 INDG credit in addition to the above
- 1.0 credit in addition to the above, either in INDG or in another discipline at the 1000 level
- 3.0 INDG credits in addition to the above at the 2000 or 3000 level
- 1.0 credit in addition to the above, either in INDG at the 2000 or 3000 level or in another discipline at the 1000-level
- Upon successful completion of a Diploma program, students may apply for admission to the BA program. Credits earned in the program are transferable to the BA degree.
- Only students enrolled in the Diploma program may obtain the Diploma.
- Application to Diploma programs should be made to the Ontario University Application Centre at ouac.on.ca/105.
- Inquiries should be directed to the Director of the First Peoples House of Learning.
- Indigenous students seeking admission to the following or other University programs must advise the Director of the First Peoples House of Learning in order to activate admissions assistance.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate your interest in enrolling in this program.
Ontario Secondary School Requirements
General Admission Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%