Policing & Community Well-Being
- Students can choose to undertake an eight-month work placement in the fourth year with social agencies that help to support marginalized community members, as well as police departments or complete a major research paper.
- Develop verbal and written communication skills vital to working with diverse communities.
- Apply the principals of collaboration, communication and inclusion to enhance community well-being and security through experiential learning experiences.
- Put theory into practice through use and analysis of real-life data and direct exposure to societal issues including mental health, diversity, poverty and addiction.
- Analyze community safety and well-being challenges and initiatives in Ontario municipalities and offer inclusive solutions to community problems.
Police officers protect the public, detect and prevent crime and perform other activities directed at maintaining law and order. They are employed by municipal and federal governments and some provincial and regional governments. This unit group includes railway police.
- Police Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Mental Health Worker
- Canadian Border Security Officer
- Community Outreach Worker
- Conflict Mediator
- Probation Officer
- Crime Analyst
- Policy Analyst
- Transforming Community Policing
- Social Determinants of Health
- Restorative Justice
- Community Problem-Solving
- Mental Health, Addiction & Community Well-Being
- Community Consultation and Advocacy
- Violence in the Community
- Problem Solving in a Complex and Diverse Community
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified below)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- Minimum 75% admission average
#1 Undergrad University
Where urban vibe meets close-knit community.Visit Trent Durham GTA
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch