Receive admissions information, event invites, and important reminders.
- Develop a strong understanding of social justice and political advocacy in the healthcare environment by choosing courses with topics ranging from aging, mental health, Indigenous communities, rural, and women’s health.
- Get hands-on with 1,300 hours of clinical, hands-on experience over four years of study
- Present your work (and your expertise) at regional health conferences
- Join a community health project
- Volunteer abroad in a rural Honduras or Guatemala field placement
This unit group includes registered nurses, registered psychiatric nurses and graduates of a nursing program who are awaiting registration (graduate nurses). They provide direct nursing care to patients, deliver health education programs and provide consultative services regarding issues relevant to the practice of nursing. They are employed in a variety of settings including hospitals, nursing homes, extended care facilities, rehabilitation centres, doctors' offices, clinics, community agencies, companies and private homes, or they may be self-employed.
- Acute Care
- Home Care
- Long-Term or Complex Continuing Care
- Child, Mental or Public Health Nurse
- Transcultural Concepts in Healthcare
- Biomedical Ethics
- Transitions in Health and Illness
- Rural Nursing Practice
- Contemporary Issues in Aging and Health
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
- 75% overall average. Minimum of 70% in ENG4U and a min of 65% in SBI4U, SCH4U and a 4U Math. Admission average is calculated on required courses, including ENG4U plus next two best 4U/M courses. All applicants are required to complete the CASPer test.
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch