Medical Professional Stream
Your career in medicine starts at Trent
Through our unique Medical Professional Stream, you’ll get the direction and assistance you need to achieve your medical, dentistry, or pharmacy school dreams throughout your undergraduate degree here at Trent - and set you up for success in med school after you graduate. Medical schools and professional programs are looking for more than just good grades; they want well-rounded applicants who stand out from the crowd. The exclusive Medical Professional Stream (MPS) program at Trent provides support to meet these non-academic requirements by providing you with invaluable guidance when choosing courses, volunteer activities and other skills development opportunities. This one-of-a-kind stream also features direct-entry partnerships with respected medical schools to provide you with the opportunity to study abroad and gain hands-on experience in research and medical settings, fast-tracking your career in medicine.
- Select your major (or joint major) in a B.A. or B.Sc. program of your choice
- Tailored training experience that helps you secure the right courses to prepare for the MCAT
- Small class sizes give you better access to professors, improving your chances of getting those much needed reference letters
- Fast track your career in medicine and explore options to gain entry to Medical School through unique pathways for Trent graduates at St. George’s University (SGU), on the island of Grenada, West Indies, the University of Medical and Health Sciences in St. Kitt’s, or Trinity Medical Sciences University in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Upon completion of medical school at our partner schools, successful graduates are qualified to complete their residencies and write their licensure exams in the US or Canada, giving you the ability to practice in either country
Explore pathways to medicine and other professional medical careers at Trent.
- B.A. (Honours)
- B.Sc. (Honours)
- Gain valuable volunteer experience in a range of healthcare oriented and other community settings, as well as not-for-profit organizations
- Benefit from faculty and physician mentoring through advising and information sessions
- Get published through undergraduate research opportunities in your chosen degree
- Join the Trent University Emergency First Response Team and the Premedical Society
"I'm excited for all of the MCAT and interview preparation that the Medical Professional Stream is going to help me with."
- General Practitioner
- Medical Sales
- Policy Advisor
- Health Care Practitioner
- Medical Writer
- Public Health Specialist
- Critical Thinking
- Intro to Psychology
- Human Physiology
- Intro to Canadian Justice
- Biological Anthropology
- Becoming Human
- Moral & Political Philosophy
- Foundations of Biomedical Science
- Digital World
- Introductory Crime Scene Investigation
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- Minimum 80% average for consideration. Appropriate prerequisite courses for the program that you intend to declare as your major in your second year.
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch