International Political Economy
What do factory closures, civil unrest and natural disasters have in common? While the effect of these unsettling events are immediate and intense in local communities, they also have a ripple effect on the global economy as well as people and power structures around the world. In International Political Economy at Trent, students examine and analyze challenging global issues and the interconnected nature of politics and economics in an era of intensifying globalization.
- B.A. (Honours)
- Study the interconnected nature of politics and economics at the international and global levels
- Complete a joint major degree as unique as you (and your interests) – combine IPE with virtually any other program from Economics and International Development to Anthropology and Business
- Take your education global through a year abroad in virtually any country around the world
"International Political Economy is a major at Trent that inspires you to do great things in life. I believe that I can change the world."
Social Policy Analyst
Social policy researchers, consultants and program officers conduct research, develop policy and implement or administer programs in areas such as consumer affairs, employment, home economics, immigration, law enforcement, corrections, human rights, housing, labour, family services, foreign aid and international development. They are employed by government departments and agencies, industry, hospitals, educational institutions, consulting establishments, professional associations, research institutes, non-government organizations and international organizations or they may be self-employed.
- International Affairs Agent
- Policy Analyst
- Legislative Assistant
- Non-governmental Advisor
- Public Employee
- Private Sector
- Government Official
- World Politics
- Growth of the Global Economy
- Literature and Globalization
- Causes of War
- Environment and Development
- Governments and Politics in the Middle East
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch