Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous Studies
Immerse yourself in a cross-cultural education at the first university in Canada, and only second in North America, to establish an academic department dedicated to the study of Indigenous peoples.
Receive admissions information, event invites, and important reminders.
- Study abroad and learn about Indigenous peoples in the USA or Mexico
- Develop your Nishnaabemowin, Cree or Mohawk language skills
- Engage in hands-on research projects that make a difference in local communities
- Community Activist
- Government Policy Specialist
- Aboriginal Corporate Liaison Officer
- Foundations of Indigenous Learning
- Introduction to Nishnaabemowin
- Hill Tribes and Thai Culture
- Indigenous Masked Dance and Storytelling
- Urbanization and Indigenous Peoples
- Images in Contemporary Media
Ontario Secondary School Requirements:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- A minimum of six Grade 12 4U or 4M courses, including program specific prerequisites
- A minimum 70% overall final average (unless otherwise specified)
- ENG 4U with a minimum of 60%
#1 Undergrad University
Where award-winning architecture meets state-of-the-art research facilities and dynamic student spaces.Visit Trent
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Tell us more about yourself and we’ll tell you all the reasons you belong at Trent.Stay in Touch